Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Briles Has Baylor Football Back

Holiday made me think. Or perhaps it was ESPN outstanding 30-for-30 documentary "Pony" too and my baptism of college football, especially in the Southwest Conference.

Only date me, I was 8 when Grant Teaff at Baylor and removed from the Miracle on the Brazos, Texas, beating, 34 to 24 (or even look at the score). 

As I'm sure many of you know, is the first win at Baylor in Texas in 17 years. The Bears overcame a 24-7 deficit in half.

E 'for this day is a signature win Teaff, Baylor and Signature of the season. I think it's fair to say, right?

Because I'm going here? It made me think that gives the SWC country at the time, and how it is in a similar way to how things are today.

If you recall, it was really, really hard to get to the final destination - the Cotton Bowl.

Texas A & M did not sniff Dallas for decades, until Jackie Sherrill arrived. Texas had its drought. Arkansas, as good a program as it was played in a handful of Cotton Bowls from 1974 to Hogs left the conference.

Teaff only brought him back to the Cotton Bowl in 1981, which has also been a magical season.

No comments:

Post a Comment