Monday, November 15, 2010

National Pride Grows Lu After The Breakthrough Year

Lu Yen-Hsun painfully through a spectator without a yard, back in discomfort, and white tennis sweat.

After a breakthrough year on the ATP World Tour, where he became the first Taiwanese man to the quarterfinals of Wimbledon, 27, wanted to conclude by representing his island countries in the Asian Games.

Lu beat Cecil Mamiit in straight sets 6-2, 7-6 (3) Sunday to resist an attempted return of Filipino veterans in the second set to help Taiwan in the wake of the semifinals and the men's team ensure a bronze medal. "For this team, I just tried to get the win.

I hope I can rest well. I hope my form is not compromised ... I'll pray tonight," said Lu visibly tired when he spoke after the match. "I'll try to keep going, but I really did not feel well today.

" Lu packed his schedule with ATP loss in the first round in Basel for the French Richard Gasquet two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment